Fishing Coastal North Carolina for 45 years
Headboat Fishing Charters
Approximately 5 hours: 7AM-12PM or 1PM-6PM. Pay cash and receive $5.00 off per person!
- $85 adults
- $45 children 12 & under
Private Fishing Charters
Private Half Day
Approximately 5 hours: 7AM-12PM or 1PM to 6PM
Private Regular Day
Approximately 8 hours: 7AM-3PM.
Private All Day
Approximately 10 hours: 7AM-5PM.
Call or email to book your fishing trip today!
About Captain Lee
Captain Lee Manning, who began his fishing career alongside his father at the age of three and has spent most of his life fishing the ponds, creeks, rivers, sounds, and ocean of coastal North Carolina. Early on in life, Lee was exposed to the lure of charter boat fishing by his uncle who ran his own charter boat business on Ocracoke Island. Born and raised in coastal North Carolina, Lee has lived and fished in Contentnea, Arapahoe, Swansboro, Cape Carteret, Emerald Isle, and Stella. He knows the state’s coastal waters well.
After graduating with a B.S. degree in Industrial Technology from East Carolina University, Lee Manning began teaching junior high school Industrial Arts while running his own charter boat fishing business on weekends and during summers. By 1980, he had earned his Masters License and had owned and operated three charter boats, all named after his lovely wife, Nancy Lee. The Nancy Lee III, designed and built by Lee himself, was launched in 1980, a 45-ft. vessel, licensed for 23 passengers. By 1985, after acquiring the Nancy Lee IV, licensed for 27 passengers, Lee retired from teaching after 21 years of service as a teacher and educational leader. He, along with Nancy, operated their two large charter boats for both headboat and private trips. In 1996, the custom-built Nancy Lee V, a 50-ft. vessel, was added to the fleet. Lee and Nancy were so busy with charters on three large fishing vessels, with three captains and five mates, that, in 1997, they acquired a 10-slip marina and store right on the Intracoastal Waterway in Swansboro, NC.
Both Lee and Nancy have a passion for fishing and for meeting and working with their charter boat passengers. Lee is a member of the Onslow Bay Saltwater Fishing Club and has been called on to be a guest speaker at several of their monthly meetings. He has much expertise and many fascinating “fish stories” to share. After chartering the waters of coastal North Carolina for 45 years, Lee knows where the fish are! The high-tech equipment, combined with Lee’s boating and fishing know-how make him a premier charter boat captain! His experiences on the water could fill a book!
A day on the water with Lee and his crew always proves to be one of the most enjoyable days anyone could spend on the water anywhere! Contact Lee Manning at the Nancy Lee Fishing Center to learn more about booking a trip!
Professional Qualifications and Certifications:
- 100-Ton Masters License
- All Federal and State Fishing Licenses
- Radio Licenses
- First-Aid Certification
- Member of the First Governor’s Cup Billfish Tournament Foundation: appointed by the Governor
- 1st Place (309 lb.) Critter Gitter Shark Tournament
- 1st Place (134 lb.) Shark Division, Swansboro Rotary Tournament
- 1st Place (39 lb.) King Mackerel Tournament, Camp Lejeune Tournament
- 3rd Place (24 lb.) King Mackerel Tournament, Island Harbor Tournament
- “The Swansboro Boys” (Capt. Tommy Parkins, Capt. John Dudley, Capt. Lee Manning) Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament with Steve Stroud aboard the Andrea Grace 3-Years Winning 2nd Place (444 lb.), 3rd Place (422 lb.), and 5th Place (375 lb.)
About the Boat
- Coast Guard Inspected and Certified
- Outfitted with Emergency Positioning and Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)
- Equipped with All Safety Equipment (including Life Preservers and Life Rafts)
- Restroom Facilities Aboard